- February 21, 2019
- Posted by: Abdirahman Ali Hassan
- Category: Uncategorized
The Somaliland Community is holding high profile community event Friday 1st March 2019 from 5:45 to 8:45pm at the Welsh Centre of International Affairs – Temple of Peace, Cardiff.
The theme of the event is: past, present and future of Somaliland.
For this high profile Community Event, we are targeting the Somali community, the wider community, development organisations, NGOs, voluntary organisations, human rights organisations, politicians, academia, media etc. .
The Purpose of the Event is to:
- highlighting atrocities and oppression, massacre by Dictator General Siad Bare; the 37 Anniversary of Dagaxtour Protest (Stone-Throwing Protest) against the illegal detention of Somaliland Intellectuals, Self Help Group known as UFFO members
- explaining how Somaliland people recovered from the carnage of destruction and atrocities by Dictator General Siad Bare and the on-going recovery development driven by peace and security
- showcasing the entrepreneurial spirit of the Somaliland people – presenting the findings and recommendations of the research on Somaliland Informal Trade and Economy conducted by Cardiff University, Gollis University and SONSAF
- showing gratitude to individuals and organisations in Wales that helped Somaliland people here in Wales and back home during the difficult years and thereafter since 1991.
Key Guest Speakers include:
Ø Rt Hon Alun Michael, Police and Crime Commissioner for South Wales
Ø Stephen Doughty MP
Ø Cllr Huw Thomas, Leader of Cardiff County Council (t.b.c)
Ø Matt Jukes: Chief Constable of South Wales Police
Ø Professor Saleem Kitwai , Secretary General of Muslim Council of Wales
Ø Martin Shipton, Chief Reporter, Western Mail
For further information and booking a place at this important Community Event contact:
Eid Ali Ahmed: email@example.com; mobile:07948460202
Abdirahman Ahmed: firstname.lastname@example.org;mobile: 07912141922
Faisal Isse: email@example.com;mobile:07950410426